Monday, July 23, 2007

Only ONE more day

Okay, so today was "Mommy and Me" day for Russell and myself. We had a great day (it isn't over yet). We went up to my school for just a little bit, to drop off some supplies that have been taking up serious room in the van, and he found my stash of candy. He (being that he gets to do ANYTHING today) had a sucker at 9:30 am. If you know me that is SOOOOO unheard of. Next we went off to my favorite place on earth (do you hear the sarcasm), CHUCK E. CHEESE. Thankfully, Russell was not interested in eating the pizza. We (and really I mean him) played games for 2 hours. It was so much fun. He really didn't want to leave, but I baited him with french fries. Next, it was off to Chick-fil-a. I decided against going in because it was high noon. The playground in that place is a panic attack waiting to happen. Anyhow, we drove thru and ate at home. Of course since it is RUSSELL'S DAY he was allowed to watch any show while he ate. BLUES CLUES ,BLUES CLUES was all I heard. Needless to say, after Blue was done, we had nap time. Yes, I did sleep also. Not quite as long as him, he is actually still asleep.

Tomorrow Grandmother and Grand-daddy-o will be here. I go in for my bloodwork. I am getting a little nervous. Not really for the c-section, although it is major surgery. I am more nervous about Russell and his reaction to the baby. He is going to have a crash course in sharing everything including "My mommy", "My daddy", "Mudder", and "Dad-o" right off the bat. I am a little worried how he will react to me not being able to really play for a while. I am worried about how he will react to this little being screaming and crying and taking up so much of my time. I guess a lot of moms have felt this same way. I know it will work itself out, but it is starting to consume my thoughts in these last couple of days.

Wednesday will be here before I know it. I am really excited to see this little guy. He is so loved already. It always amazes me how many people come out when a baby is born. I have tried to spread the word that Wednesday night is family only. I hope that doesn't sound rude. It is just that I will look horrible and probably not feel all that good either. Not to mention we will need that adjustment period I was talking about. I totally don't mind if everyone wants to join us on Thursday. Just to remind everyone, I will be in the hospital for 4 days--yes 4 days---so feel free to visit as much and as often as you would like.

2 comments:

aly said...

Hillary, I am so excited for you guys! I know having a second child makes you worry about the first one. I felt the same way about Brandon when we brought Lex home. Russell will love the baby and adapt, it'll all be fine. Wish I was there to visit you in the hospital. Take it easy after your C-section! I wish someone would've stressed that to me...lol.

Good luck! You and your family will be in my thoughts tomorrow!!

LaLa BayBeE♥ said...

hello, theresa here anyways just wanna say that i hope u great luck and i am happy 4 u and ur family se u next year!!!