Sunday, July 29, 2007

You would never think. . .

God amazes me everyday in lots of different ways. He blesses me with a loving husband, who understands even the slightest look on my face, and can predict my behavior or reaction before I even have one. He blessed me with a wonderful son, Russell, who makes me laugh everyday, and who has the biggest heart a two year old can have. Now He has blessed me again with a little boy who will fill my world with love and laughter. You would never think that one person could have so many things to be thankful for. It is almost like my heart will burst with so much love and happiness. I know it sounds cheesy, but I just never imagined that I could feel this way over such a little person.

Russell seems to be adjusting "normally". He is having a hard time understanding why mommy can't play like normal, but he really likes being my "big boy helper". He is acting out a little--like wanting to be held more and wanting more attention, but he isn't being mean or hateful towards Wilson. I am so proud of Russell for being able to love his little brother. As a mother it is one of my biggest fears that Russell wouldn't be able to adjust, or that he would be so unhappy, but so far so good. We (Justin and I) had a discussion last night that we need to set aside special Mommy and Daddy time with just Russell so he understands that he is still just as special as always.

Things are great here. I am feel pretty good. I didn't realize that my decision to bottle feed would be this painful. The doctor tells me it should only last a week. I hope she is right.

No comments: