Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Babies, babies, and more babies

I want to start this posting with a big CONGRATS to my BFF, Christy Allen Edmonds, on her beautiful little girl, Zoe, finally making her grand entrance into the world. It is hard for me to believe that I just had my second, and that Christy is now a mom. I can remember (very clearly) the year we went to Brookhill Camp together, and we got in trouble for bringing our NKOTB pictures to post by our bunks. We are now both moms, and it seems really weird. I can't wait to get down to El Do to see that cutie pie. I am sure she will have blonde hair (really don't know how she couldn't), and well, I am sure she is just beautiful! Zoe and Wilson will meet when we travel to El Do for our 10 year reunion.

So Russell moved up to the preschool building at daycare. He is getting to be such a big boy. He is really helpful with Wilson, and you can tell he really loves his brother. He was so excited about going back to school. It is great when they like going to school. It sure makes things a whole lot easier than him pitching a huge fit!

Wilson is doing great. We have bumped him up to 4 oz of formula, and he seems to be content. He is staying awake longer lately. It is so neat to watch him knowing that he is just soaking everything in. When we went for his 2 week check up he was up to 9 lb 11 oz. That is a whole pound that he has gained since we left the hospital.

Justin has started late nights for football. Since they have meetings during the day, they have to practice in the evenings. It is actually a good idea considering how hot it is lately. School starts on Monday (not for me of course), and I know that things will get really hectic. It will be a true test of my juggling ability.

Nana and Grandpa Ralph will be here starting Saturday. We are really excited for their visit. It is always nice when they come to visit. Nana is so good for cooking extra meals to freeze, and Grandpa Ralph will tinker with different projects. Last year when they came to visit (about this same time) we had major sewer problems, and they were such a HUGE help. I am really hoping that things are a whole lot more calm this year. After they leave, Allison, Cayman, Delaney, Grandmother and Granddaddy-o will be coming in. We are really looking forward to seeing all of them. Russell and Cayman were so cute when we went on vacation this year. They really play together (and spend a lot of time saying MINE, no MINE). I hear Delaney is crawling all over the place. After going to El Do for the reunion, Unca Ryan will be coming in. We haven't seen him in a year and a half so he will be amazed at the changes in Russell. I can't wait to see Russell interact with him. Ryan is always so much fun, and I know that Russell will love him as much (if not more) than I do!

2 comments:

leah said...

Hey Hillary! I love the NKOTB thing! Hlllarious!!! I saw Christys husband at the hospital today and it sounds like everything went fairly well! When all you guys come down for your 10 year I am going to have to find a way to get a look at all these cute babies :) When are you gonna post some pictures of Wilson on here? I want to see some more of him...he is so cute! Glad you are doing well.

Ryan said...

Tell Christy I said congrats. I want to see pictures. I also volunteer to mow your lawn when I am there because I haven't done that in like 7 years. Gotta love Chicago.