Friday, August 10, 2007

Back to the real world

Well, today was a "work" day in our classrooms. Even though my maternity leave has officially started, I had to go to work. Wilson came with me to the school, and he was an angel. He didn't ever really cry, and he slept most of the day. I got lots done on my room, but it isn't done by any means. I am going to meetings all next week. It seems really silly that I have to go to meetings that I am already excused from. If I don't attend these meetings though, I won't have enough inservice hours for the year. As a side note, did you know that teachers in Arkansas have to get TWICE as many inservice hours as doctors? Seems funny that we also make less than 1/3 what they make. Okay, so that is my soapbox for the day.
Well we pick up Russell tomorrow. I am really excited to see him. We have talked to him almost every night this week, but I want to see that sweet little face. I can just imagine his excitement when we meet at Chick-fil-a. I am hoping to score a trip to Target out of the deal also, but I really doubt I can convince them (Russell and Justin) for that. Maybe while Russell is playing on the playground, I can sneak over there with Wilson.
As a side note, there is a little spot for everyone to comment on these blogs. I realize that some people reading this don't know how to comment. It is really simple, just click the word comment. I don't expect each person to comment each time they read the blog, but it lets me know if anyone is reading it!! So far my girls from my class last year have been in the couple that have left comments. Thanks ladies!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Love and miss everyone.

2 comments:

kel said...

Hey girl! I read your blog :) I wish I would have started one with Averi!! Sounds like little Wilson is a dream :) Sydni has been telling me "Russell had a baby"...so she sorta gets it. haha

grammy said...

Hey Hillary, I just wanted you to know that Leah gave me your website and I not only read your blog but I enjoy every minute of it. Timothy's wife, Sarah blogs and I don't know what I would do if she didn't. I love to read what is going on in your life and sounds like a lot is. Your children are beautiful. Can't believe that y'all will be celebrating your 10 year class reunion. Keep writing and post pictures because I'm here! P.S. People will tell you that there are lots who read and don't respond and that's true, because I'm one of them. P.S.S. I just found out that Christy Allen Edmonds just had a baby girl by C-section.

Timothy's mom, Mrs. Vicki