Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Nana and Grandpa Ralph's visit

We have been very busy since Nana and Grandpa Ralph ("pa" Raph) arrived on Saturday. Russell and I went to the Fort Smith Airport (stop laughing it has won awards for the bathrooms). When Russell saw Pa Raph it was all over with. We arrived home, and the grandparents met Wilson for the first time. They agree that Wilson looks more like me than Russell ever did.

Sunday was Wilson's Baptism. Nana, Pa Ralph, and "JoJo" (Joanna--a friend of mine) attended the special ceremony. Everyone commented on how good Wilson was because he slept the whole time. He did, however, have a serious BLOWOUT of his diaper right at the end of church. I don't think anyone noticed the smell.

Monday was the first day of school. I had to go for just a few hours. My sub is right out of college, and she doesn't have as much confidence in herself as I would like. Wilson decided that the night before the first day of school would be the best time to stay up all night. Thank goodness I was able to come home and go back to sleep. If you notice, it is about 8 am, and I am at home. It is really nice to not have to go to school. I might actually be able to enjoy my maternity leave finally.

So on the schedule today is a trip to Michaels or Hobby Lobby to look for a few things. We are also going to run other various errands. I am going to take advantage of having people here, and I am going to get my hair trimmed. Tomorrow I am going for my dental checkup. It is great to have people here to watch "little man" while I get things taken care of. Nana has been so busy cooking different meals for us. So far we have had steaks (grilled by the masters Justin and Pa Ralph), Lasagna, and Picadillo. I believe Chicken pot pie, "Donna's Chicken", stuffed peppers, and Pepperoni casserole are on the menu for the rest of the week. Whatever we do not eat, Nana is freezing for us. It is such a huge help when she does this because we can just take it out of the freezer and throw it in the microwave. They have also helped by cleaning and hanging different pictures.

So all in all everything has been great. I will probably have to go back up to school sometime this week. It is possible that my substitute will be moving to a jr. high classroom, which means that I will be getting someone else. This would normally stress me out, but the person I will get is a retired MALE principal. This is the best option I have heard in a long time. I have really been praying for a better solution to this problem, and God has given me the best one possible. We will see if it all pans out. Hope everyone is having a good day. I will post pics of the week later.

No comments: