Monday, September 24, 2007

back into the grind

Today was my first day back, and Wilson's first day at daycare. I didn't even cry when I dropped him off. It was a pretty crazy morning trying to get two kids ready and myself. Thankfully, Justin took Russell so all I had to do was drop Wilson off. My class was really well behaved, and I was pleased to see that Mr. Boyd had followed most of my lesson plans. I am really fortunate to have had such a great long term sub.

We won our football game Friday night. It was a fantastic birthday present for Justin--who turned 31 on Sunday. He got some pretty great gifts including a leaf blower, new DVD player, an MP3 player, and the new Jerome Bettis book. We all went to IHOP for his birthday breakfast, and they came out to sing to him. Justin doesn't often get embarrassed. His face turned many shades of red. It was amusing but also very adorable.

Not a whole lot of news. Just thought I would let everyone know that we both survived our "first day". We will just see how the second day goes.

No comments: