Friday, August 15, 2008

Some updates

Let me go through our day with all of you. If you have ever had the pleasure of meeting Wilson, you know that he loves to eat. His appointment today was scheduled for 10:30 am. He wasn't allowed to have any solids as a precaution if they had to sedate him. He was only allowed clear liquids up to 8:30 am. That means no milk (his favorite). We tried to trick him with Pop-Ice for breakfast, but I don't think he really fell for it.

We get to the waiting area at the hospital, and Wilson had fallen asleep in the car. He slept on Justin's shoulder/chest for about 30 mins. There were twin girls waiting in the same area (they were 3), and when Wilson woke up they wanted to play with him. We had to wait about an hour and 1/2. I finally went up to the nice lady at the reception area and very carefully explained that I was waiting with a very HUNGRY one year old. She assured me we would be next.

When we got back to the room for the CT scan I was relieved. I thought he was going to have to be in the "tube". This scan was done with a machine that looked like a donut. We were able to hold his hands while he was wedged into the head brace. They didn't have to sedate him. Wilson was so still. He didn't move at all!! I was so proud of him. The nurses said that they always try to get the scan without sedating the kid, but most of the time the kid will move. Wilson did get a little scared, but he was such a trooper. The scan itself didn't take but about 2 mins.

As soon as we finished we drove to Wendy's to pick up lunch. I can say (without ANY guilt) that I fed my sweet, starving little guy french fries the whole ride home.

Now we just wait for word on Monday. I don't know if it is hopeful thinking or just positive feelings from today, but I really feel confident that the scan will come back good. I want to thank everyone who gave us prayers and positive thoughts today. I love all of you!

1 comment:

Magen said...

Oh Hillary! I hope the CT Scan comes out okay! Keep us informed.