Friday, October 23, 2009

Football Friday





Being a coaches wife is not what I thought I would be, and I am most certainly not the traditional one. When am I ever traditional? I love Friday nights, though. I love coming together with my "family" and cheering on a team of boys (and my sweetie) that have worked so hard. I love the excitement of the band (which also provides plenty of entertainment for the kids) and watching the boys play with their friends!

We get there kind of early because it would be too much trouble to come all the way home and back in about an hour. The boys eat their supper (a Happy Meal) picnic style while watching the teams warm up. The big disadvantage is that we are in the end zone with the opposing team kicking field goals. I am sure it is humorous to anyone watching us scatter.


I really feel like we have a football family. I think it is really important for all of us to support each other because until you have lived the life of a coaches wife, you have no idea. There are many jobs that can compare, but the uniqueness of coaching is wonderful. I am so grateful for the other girls. I have different relationships with all of them, but each one is vital to me. I look to them for so much, and they have been good football mentors for me. We are bonded with a glue that allows us to undertand and admire another individual.

The kids have so much fun during the game. They might play on the track with Wilson's wagon, or they might play in the grass. They all like to imitate the Dixie Bells. Pappa T always delivers the snacks (way more than they could ever finish), and we all try to bring a variety of entertainment. We cheer, we dance, and we might ban people to the concession stand if we think they are bad luck.




While I listen to the game, I think about those of my "family" that are out there, may it be playing, coaching, or cheering, and I am thankful for everything you add to my life!

No comments: