Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oh for Pete's sake!

I have gotten into the habit of letting Russell "read" me a story before I read the treasured pick of the night. One of our favorites is "Pigeon finds a Hot Dog". If you don't know about the Pigeon books then you need to find out! Last nite's rendition took the gold medal.

Up to this point Russell has just mimicked what I said (the key is to do funny voices for each character). Last night, Russell "read" the whole book to me, including voices, and he remembered about 85 percent of the words.

At one point in the book, the pigeon is fed up with the duckling and shouts, "Oh for Pete's sake!" Russell had gotten all of the other phrases, so I figured this would be no biggie. He reads, " Oh for Pizza Steak!" I laughed so hard! He was so proud of himself.

Just wanted to share a small moment in my funny world. Hope everyone out there is as good, in health and happiness, as I am!

No comments: