Sunday, May 12, 2013

35 before 35

On the birthday note, I made a list of things I would like to accomplish before my next birthday. I have seen this idea on other blogs, but most of those lists allowed for a couple of years or so. Justin took one look at my list and said, "good luck." I might have lofty aspirations, but I dream and I dream BIG!
 
1. Finish my masters degree: obviously this was the easiest of all because I know it is going to happen, but I am still so proud to get it done.
2. Go to the beach: Again I know this is going to happen, but I love it so much it has to be included.
3. Pay off the truck
4. Start the redo on the kitchen
5. Finish the "man room"
6. Host a cookout/dinner party
7.  Pay for someone else's meal anonymously
8.  Shoot a gun
9. Write on the blog routinely (I have even come up with a list of things I can write about)
10.  Make a smash journal
11. Paint the china hutch
12. Send out birthday/holiday/anniversary cards on time
13. Run a 10K
14. Visit my family
15. Read 10 books (other than required readings for school)
16. Present a workshop/professional development
17. Teach someone else about Dave Ramsey
18. Make a summer "schedule of activities"
19. Decorate the boys bedrooms (and use some of those Pinterest posts I have)
20. Have a garage sale to get rid of junk/stuff we don't need
21. Attend church regularly
22. Go camping (not in the back yard)
23. Attend a concert
24.Go hiking with the family
25. Visit a "new to us" city
26. Donate blood
27. Learn to play chess
28. Learn to make sushi
29. Drink wine at a vineyard
30. Donate to a charity
31. Take an exercise class
32. Get a facial
33. Go on a bike ride
34. Be the Drama teacher at Vacation Bible School (actually happening, but still pretty cool)
35. Go visit Australia (not happening but always has to appear on the list)

**This list is in no particular order. Please understand that I sat down and made this list in a matter of minutes. I could probably come up with really well thought of plans, but it would also cost more money and time than I am willing to give. I tried to make a list of things I thought I would actually be able to accomplish. That might be a cop out (like I didn't try hard enough), but I know what I am capable of, and if I can get all these things done I am AWESOME! 


No comments: