Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Graduations

With everything that has happened in the world lately, it is really easy to get depressed and ask WHY?! No one knows why these tragic situations occur, and I don't really think we are supposed to understand. I think we are supposed to rely on each other through these tough times, and remember that love and friendship are really powerful forces.

On another note, tomorrow marks a big day in the life of the Key house. Munchkin is officially graduating from preschool. It is bitter sweet to know that he will be with me next year because that also means he has to grow up. I put together a couple of pictures for his graduation board at school. We only ended up using the top picture.
miss those fat cheeks!
 

We talk about him coming to Kindergarten, and I think he will love it. I just wish they would stay this age for a little while. R & W are so much fun, and I know we will all love being at school together.

Same day I am having to find pictures of Wilson, I received an emotional invitation. My first class of students from FSM are graduating this year. In my mailbox at school was an invite from one of those students. Not just any student, though. I don't have favorites--I love all of my children equally--but sometimes you have THAT student that just stands out. This young man had only been in the USA a year and a half when he walked into my class. His smile was contagious and so was his love of learning. He showed amazing potential even at that young age. When I opened the invitation, and I saw his Senior picture, I started bawling!! It was the ugly cry right there in the middle of the front office. I am sure people thought I was crazy, but I just couldn't help it. I lost all control of my emotions. It wasn't really a sad cry, some of the tears were from joy, but mainly it was just from reality.

While I don't really feel that much older (most days), I see the world around me changing. My boys growing up, my students moving on, and people celebrating new babies (or the potential of one). I love watching it, but I also wish I could stop the roller coaster for just a minute.

No comments: