Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Growing leaps and bounds

Yesterday was Wilson's one month checkup. They weighed and measured him. They also checked to make sure all of his parts are working correctly. I couldn't believe how much he had grown in one month.

He weighs 11 lbs 12 oz now. That is a growth of almost 3 pounds in one month. It is a growth of exactly two pounds in two weeks. He measured 23 1/2 inches. That is a growth of 2 1/2 inches in one month. The length might be off a little. It is hard to measure a squirmy little guy. His head measured about 16 cm. That is a growth of 1 1/4 cm. Overall he has grown really well. It might be the fact that he is eating 5 oz of formula these days. I thought about bumping him up to 6 oz, but when I tried he only ate 4 oz. Rather than waste formula (otherwise known as liquid gold) I will stick to 5 oz.

We will have a couple of quiet days before I leave on Friday. It will be odd to not have guests in the house. Unca Ryan comes on Wednesday. I can't wait to see him!!! It has been WAY TOO LONG since I last saw my brotha! Anyhow, it will be a quick visit, but it more about quality than quantity. Hope everyone has a Happy Wednesday.

No comments: