Monday, September 3, 2007

Reunion weekend

Wilson was such a trooper this weekend. He did a fantastic job on the ride down. It is about 5-51/2 normal driving time. With an infant it is much longer. We stopped in Russellville, at Cracker Barrell, and I fed him while rocking in the chairs outside. It was a really beautiful day. People stopped on their way in to comment on how cute Wilson is, and they (of course) wanted to know stats. Everyone is amazed when I mention that he was 9 lbs. Little do they know that I bake them big, and 9 lbs is a norm.
We made a couple of other stops but nothing major. When we arrived in El Do, we went straight to House of Wylie to see some of the Washington Middle School friends. It was a great break for Wilson, as he got to stretch out on a love seat they have in the back room. He proceeded to fall asleep--he had worn himself out screaming since Fordyce. It was nice to see some of the old gang, and there were a few new people that I enjoyed visiting with.
Friday night Karla kept Wilson while I went to my "informal" gathering for the reunion. It was so great to see everyone. It is really interesting to see where people are in life. I don't feel that different from 10 years ago, but so much has happened. Many people from our class have children, I think one person even has 4!! I was able to visit with some of the people that I was closest to, and I was also able to connect with people that I wasn't really close to then but have so much in common with now.
Saturday we just kind of hung out. Karla, Wilson, and myself went to eat lunch at Bayou Bistro--a wonderful restaurant owned by a sorority sister of mine. I had a fantastic meal of red beans and rice. Then we drove around--just looking at what had changed and what hadn't. We finished our little tour at MM Cohn's--which was having a great going out of business sale. I found a few things for myself, and I even bought Justin a couple of things. Then Wilson and me drove to Wesson to visit Critty, Robert, and Zoe. She (Zoe) was just as cute as can be. She slept until right before we left. It was a good visit but a little short.
Saturday night was the "All grown up dinner". Everyone was dressed up. I had already decided that I could stay out very late since I had to get a move on it in the morning (to come back home). It was a shame too. I was having a good time, but it looks like the party really got started after I left. Once again, it was really nice to see everyone. It is kind of funny to see people that were once such a vital part of life for me. It is good to see that everyone appeared to be happy and prosperous.
Sunday, well what can I say, it was the drive back. It is such a long trip to make in such a short amount of time. I felt like most of my trip was spent in the car. Wilson did a fantastic job on the ride home. We stopped in Conway (at Target), and I ended up having to wake him to feed him. When we got home he was so glad to get out of his car seat and stretch out.
All in all it was a really good weekend. I hope everyone else had a safe Labor Day. Back to work for most of you. I have about 3 more weeks of maternity leave. Ryan comes in on Wednesday. We pick Shannon up on Friday. I am really looking forward to the visit with Ryan, and I am REALLY looking forward to meeting Shannon.

No comments: