Saturday, September 8, 2007

Wilson's first football game

We drove to Little Rock yesterday to pick up Shannon. Even though Russell hadn't met her yet he was SUPER hyped up every time we mentioned "Shanna". We also picked up Grandmother. She was flying in from Vegas. Everything went smoothly. We headed to Conway where we would be playing the football game. We decided to stop at Chick-fil-a because Russell needed to let off some steam. I have eaten so much chicken in the past 4 days that I don't want it for a long time.

Anyhow, after Chick-fil-a we left for the game. I had taken the boys to the blue and white game, but this was our official first game of the season. Of course I pick one that is out of town so that I can really test my patience and the new medicine I am on!! We toted Wilson in the stroller/car seat, and Russell sported his monkey leash. We couldn't really sit in the stands because the stroller blocked the walkway. So we stood down beside the stands. It really worked out better because Russell could run around. He ran and played so much that he looked like he had been swimming. We left right after half time because it started sprinkling. We ended up winning 14-13. It was a good game.

Everybody did great on the ride home. I was afraid that Wilson wouldn't sleep because that was all he had done all day long, but he surprised me!! He slept so well. Today we have been watching football and hanging out. We are planning on grilling out tonight. I think some people might join us, and I am sure there will be fun had by everyone. All in all the visit has been GREAT!

No comments: