Saturday, August 4, 2007

Quiet around the house

Yesterday, Grandmother and Granddaddy-o left to go back to Paragould, and they took Russell the "monster" with them. Now, Nana don't get mad. He has been living up to his loving nickname by growling and saying "I uh onsta" which translates to "I am a monster". Anyhow, I blame it on hormones, but I did get a little weepy watching them go. Russell didn't have any issues with leaving and gave me a hug and said "bye mom". Then he hopped in the truck and promptly requested "Shark boy" I am sure. I decided the best thing to do was keep myself busy. I had an appointment to take Wilson by the doc's office at 1:30 so I made a list of things I needed to accomplish this up coming week. I tackled packing my maternity clothes first. It was with sweet satisfaction that I packed them away. It isn't that I didn't enjoy being pregger, I just enjoy the end result a whole lot more!!! Wilson and I made the trek up to Trusty Elementary. I needed to get somethings to be able to finish my lesson plans. Of course we didn't get any work done because everyone wanted to visit. I could have guessed it was going to go like that! Everyone agrees that Wilson favors me (which I don't really see. I think he looks like Russell;therefore he looks like Justin). He slept the whole time the ladies were oooohing and aaahing over him. We went to the doc--everything turned out fine. When we finally got home, Wilson and I ate lunch. I was hoping he would take a nap (seeing as I was BEAT), but he didn't really want to. We rested on Mommy's bed instead.
It is really odd, espically this morning, that Russell isn't here. You don't realize how much a little person fills your house and your life until they are gone. He is such an entertainer, and he fills the room with his presence. He is also a really big help to me. He will get little things for me if I ask just right. I know that he needs his special time with G-mother and Dad-o, but I already miss him. I guess that just goes to show how much a mother can love. It is really nice to get so much bonding time with Wilson. He is staying awake more in the past few days. It is cool to see him staring at things and knowing how much he is taking into his brain to process.
I hope everyone has a nice and relaxing weekend. It has suddenly gotten HOT here. The beginning of the summer was cool because of the monsoon season we had. Now, well, let's just say that I thank God everyday that I am not pregnant in this heat. Talk about uncomfortable!

No comments: