Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm Lovin' It!

No, this entry isn't going to be all about Mc Donald's! However, it is going to be about a few of the things I am really digging at the moment.

1. I love fundraisers at restaurants. This week we attended a Booster Club fundraiser at Varsity Grill and a fundraiser at Chick-Fil-A for my school. I love that it gives me an excuse not to cook, but that by eating out, we are actually helping fund two really great programs. By the looks of the crowds at both, the fundraisers were great successes!

2. Crisp nights/mornings--I am really loving that in the mornings it is just cool enough to wake me up, and in the evenings, it is just right to sit outside. I am also loving the fact that the mosquitoes are finally at bay. When I am enjoying the back porch (after the kids are in bed), I catch the faintest whiff of a fire someone has built. Now, me personally, it is a little early to enjoy the roaring blaze but to each their own.

3. Scrubs for work!! We decided as a staff that this year we would all order scrubs. May sound strange to some people, but it really isn't that uncommon in the school world. It was great to wake up this morning and not have to worry about what to wear and if it was ironed. The scrubs are a wonderful, vibrant, royal blue with the cutest embroidery of a school house and children while saying "Euper Lane. . . Working Together" which is part of our new mission statement. It was also quite humorous to see the reaction of the students when the entire staff was dressed alike!!

4. the Little Penguin Merlot--'nuff said!

5. How much Russell is learning. It is almost as if I can see his brain expanding. He comes home every day with a new story, poem, vocabulary word, or concept. I love that his teacher actually enjoys her job, and that she is such a genuinely nice person who smiles SOOOO much!! Russell absolutely loves school, and I know it is because of the fantastic environment E.L.E. provides.

6. Baby toes (what did I say)? No really, I have always loved Wilson's baby toes. It seems like his little feet are just stuck in that perfect stage of freaking cute. I would kiss them if they weren't so stinky!! I know that they won't be baby toes for much longer (technically they aren't baby toes now), and I want to cherish the sweetness of them while I still can.

7. My family!! My parents will be visiting us next week, and I am looking forward to a good time. We don't have the opportunity to see my parents as much as I would like, and we really try to live it up when we get together. I am excited for Nana and Grandpa Ralph to see how much the boys have changed, take them to a Rebel game, and maybe even introduce them to a few new friends. My brother and SIL, Ryan and Shannon, are also going to visit us soon. They will come in for a short weekend trip, but we will fill it to the brim with activities!! I look forward to their visit for many different reasons than my parents' trip. Obviously, I want R and S to hang out with the boys, but I am being selfish, and I am really looking forward to getting away to F-ville for the Hog game. Tailgating, chilling, watching good football, and quality time with two of my favorite people--who could want more?

What can I say? Life is good right now. I think my positive outlook has helped me this fall to get over the little things that usually bring me down! I am loving life--even the hiccups along the way!

No comments: