Wednesday, June 6, 2012

You might be surprised. . .

I saw this post on another blog that I read, and I thought I would try it out. I am supposed to tell 10 things that people would be surprised to know about me. Most of the people that would read this blog probably already think they know everything about me, so I will reach really deep for these tidbits.

#1  I have my motorcycle license. Yes! I had to get it in my past life for reasons I don't need to go into, but since I had it then (and it is on my driver's license) I will have it forever. The really interesting part about this fact is that I didn't have to drive a motorcycle in order to pass the test. I just had to answer the written portion. That is really scary to me!

#2  If I won the lottery I would want to become a roller coaster enthusiast. That is someone who travels the world and rides the biggest, baddest, most loop-de-loop coasters. I would LOVE to have that title under my name when someone interviewed me!

#3  I can draw just about anything if I have an example in front of me or a picture to go by. Don't ask me to come up with something on my own--not going to happen. This year my students figured out this little piece of info early in the school year. So I decided I would let each of them pick something they would want me to draw, and I drew it on a piece of white paper for the student to have.

#4  I don't like any animal that scurries. Almost everyone knows that I hate spiders and most bugs, but my dislike is spread evenly for all animals that scurry. This could include, but doesn't limit itself to: hamsters, small rodents, really little dogs, lizards, etc. This list is really long. Just know that I don't discriminate to only bugs.

#5  I have a hard time spending money on clothes. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE TO SHOP.  I just can't see dropping a bunch of $$ on clothing. I have gotten better in my older age, and I can see now that buying better quality pieces that last longer is a grown up thing to do. I just hate spending that much in one sitting.

#6  I LOVE to organize. I especially love to organize other people's things. I would love to open my own business where I go into people's houses and help them get rid of things and organize the rest of their stuff. I love when I get everything in it's place, and when everything is nice and neat. It is probably a serious case of OCD, but who cares!

#7  As vibrant and colorful as my personality may be, my house is not. I am a neutral shade kinda girl at home. I like to keep things simple, I don't over decorate, I have a hard time hanging things on the wall, and I don't like things on the table tops.  Part of that goes back to #6, but really, with boys in my house (that throw balls inside), it is just safer to keep things off the tops of tables.

#8  As much as I might complain about the ball field, I secretly love it. Not the heat, or the sun in my eyes, but I love watching my boys play!!

#9  I have always wanted to write a book. I just don't know what I would write it about. I used to think I would write one and tell funny stories about school. Then I thought I would write one about Moms with boys. Then I decided that writing a blog was hard enough!

#10  I am not good at keeping in touch with people. I really hate this about myself. I am seriously bad at sending cards for special occasions. I am glad we have things like Facebook and texting because it makes people like me feel better.

so that wasn't too bad! I hope you learned something, but if you already knew all of this about me, you ROCK! I also probably forgot to send you a birthday card, so happy late birthday!

No comments: